Friday, April 13, 2007

the awkward security line.

When I flew home on this past Tuesday I came to the conclusion that the airport security lines are one of the most awkward experiences. First of all, the workers are all so serious. You feel like if you look at them wrong they are going to take you into a back room and interrogate you. And then they make you take pretty much EVERYTHING out of your perfectly packed carry-on bag. If you have a laptop that has to go in a separate box, and then your ziplock of liquid items goes in another box. Then you have to take off your jacket and sometimes your shoes. After walking through the metal detector (not even mentioning the awkward possible pat-down), you go to the end of the line to gather all your stuff and try and put it back the way you had it. I always feel like there is all this pressure to get your things quickly because other peoples stuff is coming right behind yours and there is not very much room. The last thing you would want to do is get those workers mad at you for holding up the line...

I've had them do these weird tests on my laptop before. They wipe the outside with a little piece of cloth and then stick it in a machine and it will tell them if my computer is a bomb or not. Weird. All in all, I understand that they are doing everything for the safety of all passengers, but I can't help but think its just an all around awkward situation. I left the security line on Tuesday thinking..."boy, imagine doing that with kids..."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy oh boy...that sounds like hell...i think it's gotten alot more "anal" since the last time i travelled any where by plane (pun kind of intended haha)...i hate all that retarded crap they have to do...they do that at the court house as well now...it's soooooooooooooo annoying...one time...i had this mini bottle opener in my purse...and the security lady THREW IT AWAY because it could be a "weapon"...LAME!

jocelyn said...

It is pretty stressful. The last time I went through the guy asked me about three times if I had ever been convicted of a crime, it was pretty strange, I don't feel like I look like a criminal.

Anonymous said...

I know I am sick of airport security, and then sometimes it seems like they are being so careless with safety. I really cant believe it! And yes joce, you DO look like a criminal.

leanne said...

clearly i understand it all... but pretty soon we wont be able to bring anything on the airplane anymore. i mean, chap stick.. a water bottle with water in it.. and joce, i dont think you look too criminalish :)

Unknown said...

My sister had a like metal little charm on the front of her panties, and the security person stuck their hand (it was a beastly woman) down the front of her pants, to check that it was not a bomb, so note to self ladies, do not wear your fun panties when you travel!!! They did this to an inocent 15 year old, it could happen to you!!!

Anonymous said...

NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!!

Beaner said...

just thought i'd remind you...you haven't blogged for a month and six days...BRUTAL!!! ;)