The actual move itself did not take very long. But thats probably
because we don't have alot of stuff. But as soon as we were in we jumped right into painting. It took us two days to paint our living room, dinning room and a the long hallway. But it looks really good. When people ask me what color we painted I don't really know how to respond...I just tell them kind of a greyish color. 
During those two days we didn't really unpack anything. It was all just put in the master bedroom so we both slept in the other bedroom. We have slowly been working through the unorganized mess and putting our rooms together.
This week I also made two very good meals, which may surprise some of you if you have heard my sister talk about my cooking skills. We had scalped potatoes with farmer sausage and chicken vegetable stir fry with rice. I made quite a bit so we have been eating the leftovers for a couple of days. I was quite impressed with myself.
But to end this post I thought I would write two tips for moving that I have found helpful.
- Pack a box of things that you will need in the first couple days so that if you don't go to the grocery store that night you won't die. Example: toilet paper (thanks kate), garbage bags, soap of some sorts, maybe some food.
- Have a tool kit with things like scissors, box cutting knife, screwdrivers and hammer. We used ours quite a bit and found it soo nice to have handy.
Does anyone else have some more tips to add..??
4 comments:
Unpack everything as soon as you possibly can. If you leave them till later it will take awhile to get done because there is always so much to do. Trust me get it done!!!
oh man...it's so good to hear from you alisers! good for you for getting all the painting done already! and cooking an edible meal! haha...are you sure you cooked it...hahajk jk...i don't have any good tips for moving my moving experience was a disaster so...i'll take some of your tips for next time haha
Congrats on getting everything at least into the apartment! I don't have any moving tips becuase I have never moved, but the few times I have helped people move we just tried to do it as soon as possible. There are always those last few boxes that just dont get unpacked!
Alise the cook!!! Tough to imagine but I knew you could do it. Wish I had been there to enjoy those dinners. Have you made the rice casserole yet?
Post a Comment